EDIT: This prompt journey has been archived! You can browse our available prompt journeys here.
March Journal Prompts are here!
We’re turning our focus to quotes this month. We’ve gathered some of our favorite quotes about Life, Love, Determination, Strength, Motivation, Change, and Wisdom to inspire you throughout this beautiful month.
Happy March, and happy journaling!
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” ~Corrie ten Boom
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” ~Elbert Hubbard
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” ~Maya Angelou
- “All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Of course motivation is not permanent. But then, neither is bathing; but it is something you should do on a regular basis.” ~Zig Ziglar
- “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~Rob Siltanen
- “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” ~Aristotle
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ~Dr. Seuss
- “The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference.” ~Elie Wiesel
- “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” ~Barack Obama
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
- “When someone tells me “no,” it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them.” ~Karen E. Quinones Miller
- “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” ~Leo Tolstoy
- “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.” ~Paulo Coelho
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” ~Mae West
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” ~William Shakespeare
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” ~Vince Lombardi Jr.
- “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” ~Albert Camus
- “It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.” ~Roy T. Bennett
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” ~Nelson Mandela
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” ~Oprah Winfrey
- “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~André Gide
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ~Martin Luther King Jr.
- “I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.” ~Edward Everett Hale
- “A brave man acknowledges the strength of others.” ~Veronica Roth
- “When all is said and done, more is said than done.” ~Lou Holtz
- “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ~Jalaluddin Rumi
- “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” ~Confucius
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ~Oscar Wilde
- “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.” ~C.S. Lewis