EDIT: This prompt journey has been archived! You can browse our available prompt journeys here.
July is a favorite month at TextMyJournal. So many great activities, so much summer (in the Northern hemisphere anyway), and so much joy! In an effort to make remembering the wonder of July a little easier, we’ve created a prompt for every day in July. Hopefully one of them inspires you to remember the story you’re creating each day.
Have a great month!
- What one goal will you accomplish this month? What’s the first step? Take it today!
- Write about an influential teacher
- Write about your childhood home
- What does FREEDOM mean to you?
- Go on a walk & collect some flowers. Press those in your art journal.
- “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” -Rumi
- What’s your favorite sweet treat?
- Use fifty words to describe your favorite person
- Write about an influential friend
- Write about learning to drive
- Write a memory about a slurpee (or frozen treat)
- Fill a page with receipts. Write little notes about each purchase.
- “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein
- Post and caption a photo from the last year
- Use fifty words to describe your favorite flower
- Write about an influential family member
- National ice cream day! What’s your favorite flavor?
- Call a friend. When the call is over, write down what you want to remember.
- Draw a pie chart of what’s in your stomach
- “Creativity takes courage” – Henri Matisse
- Post and caption a photo from 5 years ago
- Use fifty words to describe your favorite scent
- Write about an influential stranger
- What trait do you admire in your parents?
- How are you motivated to try new things?
- Illustrate your favorite poem (one page)
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
- Post and caption a photo from more than 10 years ago
- Use fifty words to describe your favorite season
- Write about an influential famous person
- How did you accomplish your July goal? What would you have done differently?